9952 66th Road, Lobby D, Rego Park, NY 11374. Tel 718.606.0909. Fax 718.374.6999
Male and Female Urology
Alek Mishail, MD
Diplomate of American Board of Urology
CLICK BELOW TO FIND US ON MAP
WE ACCEPT MOST INSURANCES
PLEASE CALL 718-606-0909
TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
- Short Recovery Time: Sex can be enjoyed soon after penile prosthesis procedure, typically in 4 weeks.
- Insurance Coverage: Penile prosthesis surgery is covered by most insurance plans, including Medicare.
Types of penile prosthesis available:
- "Malleable", "two piece", "three-piece" - these are the common names for penile prosthesis types that Dr Mishail will discuss with you. The type of prosthesis chosen is based on your medical and surgical histories as well as individual ability and expectations in using the device.
How can I find out more about penile prosthesis surgery?
- Make an appointment with Dr Mishail.
- Attend a free men's health seminar.
- Speak to a patient advocate or patient who underwent penile prosthesis surgery - please call our office at 718-606-0909 to arrange.
What is a penile implant (prosthesis)?
- A penile implant (or penile prosthesis) is a medical device that is surgically placed into a penis to simulate a natural erection. The implant is performed in outpatient setting and the procedure is typically performed in one hour.
Why Consider a Penile Implant:
- Indicated in men who have erectile dysfunction (ED) and have failed medications, injections, and other treatments for impotence.
- High Patient Satisfaction Rates: Patient satisfaction approaches 95% after the procedure, far higher satisfaction levels then with ED medications (i.e. for Viagra) ~50% or penile injections ~40 %.
- Confidential and Discrete Treatment for ED: A penile prosthesis is hidden in the body of the penis and not visible to another person. It is MRI compatible and almost never requires additional maintenance. Furthermore, the partner will not be able to tell you’ve had an implant unless you share that information with your partner.